2016 HR Professional of the Year Award Application Information
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 11, 2016, 5:00 p.m.
The Award for Professional Excellence in Human Resources Management recognizes creative approaches and consistently high performance that benefits the nominee’s company or organization and the business and professional community. The person selected is the “best” in the human resources profession. The annual award is a joint venture of the SC Chamber of Commerce and the South Carolina State Council/Society for Human Resource Management.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
You may nominate yourself or another human resources management professional from your or another company for this state award by completing the on-line application.
- A nominee must be actively employed and have at least 10 years of experience in the human resources management profession.
- Individuals with outstanding records of contributions to the human resources profession.
- Professionals retired less than one year as of January 1, 2016.
Judging will be done by a committee of independent organizations and all applications will be kept confidential.
The on-line application serves as the sole basis for evaluation and judging. Please note that the evaluation and judging process is best served with a clear, complete and concise compilation of requested information.
The awards luncheon will be held at the 26th Annual Human Resources Conference on May 12, 2016 at the Hilton Head Marriott Resort and Spa. Recognition of all finalists and the announcement of the winner will take place during this time.
AWARD APPLICATION COMPONENTS:
**Be sure to have all information collected before beginning the application.**
- Section I: Human Resources Management Achievements
Describe the three most significant contributions that the nominee has made that directly benefited his or her employer and employees. (At least one contribution must have been made within the last three years.)
In describing each contribution, please consider the following:
- How the opportunity for contribution was identified;
- How new approaches, innovations and creative ideas were utilized and communicated to workforce;
- Resources utilized for the contribution;
- The results of the contribution;
- How the strategic impact of the contribution will be monitored and measured.
- Section II: Professional and Community Leadership Achievements
- Describe the contributions that the nominee has made to the human resources management profession by contributing his or her expertise or services to professional organizations such as SHRM, human resources groups, educational groups, business roundtables or other vehicles.
- Highlight one or two specific contributions.
- Describe leadership roles the nominee has performed in the community—local, regional, national or international in scope.
- Include active involvement in business, civic, or charitable organizations.
- Highlight any specific contributions.
- Section III: Professional References
Provide the names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three professional references. They might be members of the nominee's organization’s management, fellow members of professional organizations, management representatives from the community, etc. References will be contacted only if the judges require additional input to reach a final decision.
- Section IV: Professional Resume
Include a copy of the nominee's professional resume. It should include the following:
- positions held
- honors and awards
- professional affiliations and activities
- Section V: Career Highlights
Please list three to five career highlights beginning with the most important. Some or all will be recognized during the event.
- Section VI: Appendix
Other information deemed important to the candidate's consideration by the judges should be included, such as:
- letters of recommendation
- news articles
other relevant information