The mission of the South Carolina Diversity Committee is to encourage, support and educate employers, who are building inclusive workplace environments, as they seek to value and strengthen diversity.
Diversity in the workplace is a business reality, not just a slogan on a PR poster. People are the most important asset a company has and to succeed in the global marketplace, companies must attract, retain and cultivate the right skills, the best minds and the best talent – and that means diversity. Being able to maximize the potential of a diverse workforce is a competitive business advantage.
Cliff Bourke, Manager of Legal Claims, Southeastern Freight Lines
The Diversity Committee achieves its goals by:
- Educating members through structured, quarterly (or more frequent) meetings on topics related to diversity.
- Encouraging open and honest discussion among business leaders.
- Providing communication channels between key community and business organizations.
- Supporting membership as they seek to strengthen themselves through professional development in the area of diversity awareness and training.
- Providing high quality, dynamic and responsive programs and services to businesses