Held each July, South Carolina Business Week’s mission is to contribute to the preparation of young adults for the business environment by introducing them to the principles of leadership, teamwork and the American free enterprise system while promoting self-reliance, individual responsibility and entrepreneurship. Please visit the South Carolina Business Week website to learn more and apply for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
South Carolina Business Week is available to the state's rising high school sophomores, juniors and seniors. Throughout the week, more than 30 prominent business executives teach current business topics and leadership skills. Starting with the basics and adding topics throughout the week, students collaborate with executives in an intensive program designed to develop a thorough understanding of private enterprise. Along with an emphasis on teamwork and leadership skills, some issues included in the program include:
- Basic Business Finance
- Ethics in business
- Leadership profiling
- The significance of diversity in business
Additionally, student interaction with professionals provides them with the opportunity to gain information on a number of career options. Many students begin to form important choices related to college degree major and professional field of interest during South Carolina Business Week.
The program will feature the following activities:
- Information on future career opportunities and trends in business
- Direct interaction throughout the week with loaned executives from companies like Michelin, SCANA and Colonial Life
- Opportunity to experience college life and make new friends from across South Carolina
- A tour of a major industry facility to obtain hands-on knowledge of business
- Social activities such as pizza parties, a dance, sporting games and a talent night
Dream It, Do It Initiative
The video below represents a collaboration between sponsor Michelin and a contingent of second-year Business Week students. This video was officially released at our October 6, 2017 Manufacturing Employee of the Year event which coincided with National Manufacturing Day. Learn more about the Dream It, Do It initiative here.