South Carolina must continue to improve its business climate to create a competitive business environment.
Key issues must be addressed to encourage expanded economic development opportunities.
The South Carolina Chamber Supports
- Adopting initiatives to improve South Carolina's civil litigation climate
- Funding for the South Carolina Department of Commerce
- Passing legislation to help economic growth
- Strengthening intellectual property rights of employers
- Addressing utility and infrastructure needs to ensure economic development sites are prepared for relocation and/or expansion
- Providing dedicated dollars for broad state marketing to include tourism, agribusiness and other efforts