On the Federal Front
Federal Issues Facing the South Carolina Business Community
Ex-Im Fact: Out of over 3,700 authorizations in 2014, nearly 90 percent directly served U.S. small businesses
The SC business community must advocate for issues at the federal level to ensure our state's business climate prospers and creates jobs.
Federal decisions impact our businesses every day. Through regulations, taxes, labor law, immigration reform, health care costs and more, South Carolina boasts one of the most powerful, effective and responsive congressional delegations working in Washington, D.C. today. To be truly effective, we must collectively communicate our business positions to our delegation. The South Carolina Chamber of Commerce works closely with these elected officials and their staffs, and our efforts don’t stop there. Our affiliations and partnerships go well beyond our congressional delegation. The South Carolina Chamber is your state advocate on the federal level and your link to matters in Congress.
South Carolina Chamber Supports:
- Accelerated federal approvals for the Port of Charleston deepening project
- Long-term reauthorization of federal highway funding measure
- Reauthorizing the Export-Import Bank of the U.S.
- Ensuring that federal regulations are not overly burdensome to business with particular emphasis on the NLRB, EPA and OSHA
- Support to maintain operations at the Savannah River Site and the Savannah River National Laboratory
- Reforming immigration policy on border control, guest worker programs, e-Verify and legal pathways to citizenship
- Move our country to Energy Independence
Regulatory Relief Bill
We are the state partners for the following national organizations::