Hurricane Florence Business Recovery Info
On Sept. 18, President Trump declared a state of disaster for eight South Carolina counties--Horry, Georgetown, Marion, Dillon, Chesterfield, Marlboro, Darlington, Williamsburg.
Our staff has compiled a list of resources for businesses to contact for recovery assistance. We will update these links as new or updated information becomes available.
Our Chamber stands ready to assist in getting SC businesses back on their feet as soon as possible. Please let us know if we can be of help to you in any way.
President & CEO
SC Chamber of Commerce
FEMA Update October 5, 2018: State/FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers have opened in five counties. The centers offer in-person support to individuals and businesses in the counties included in the South Carolina major disaster declaration for Hurricane Florence and the subsequent floods. Click here for details.
If your job has been affected by Hurricane Florence go to dew.sc.gov and click the MyBenefits Login in the top right corner to apply through the unemployment insurance (UI) benefits system. For help, call 1-866-831-1724. The deadline for applying October 24, 2018 – 30 calendar days from the date that DEW announced the availability of DUA in the county.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Offers Disaster Assistance to Residents of South Carolina Affected by Hurricane Florence
- SBA Disaster Loan Assistance
- SCEMD: Residents in PeeDee prepare for second wave of flooding
- FEMA National Business Emergency Operations Center
- Internet Services: Charter Communications has opened more than 5,100 Spectrum WiFi hotspots in North and South Carolina. These hotspots are open to all users until further notice in coastal communities like Wilmington, N.C., and Myrtle Beach, S.C., as well as inland to the Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Fayetteville and Greensboro areas. Visit https://www.spectrum.com/wifi-hotspots for more information on the location of Spectrum WiFi hotspots. To connect your device, look for the "SpectrumWiFi” network under your device’s WiFi settings.
- Re-entry Application: https://applications.sc.gov/BusinessReentry
- Damage Assessment Questionnaire for Businesses: https://scchambernet-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/sarah_cohen_scchamber_net/Ea0ilvL6Tl1DqoJQfYY9U_kBv-aapjlg32XjmFxnmlJIEw?e=WfKxIP . Please send to email@example.com
- Unemployment Insurance: SCDEW has a dedicated employer line (803-737-2532) to address questions regarding unemployment insurance and disaster unemployment assistance.
INDUSTRY SPECIFIC RESOURCES
Statement from Commissioner Weathers: https://agriculture.sc.gov/commissioner-weathers-to-survey-crop-damage-in-the-wake-of-tropical-depression-florence/
From SC Commerce: “Please have your teams utilize Highways 17 and 378 to get their materials in or out of Horry County. This process needs to be done within the next 48 hours. After which there is some question about whether existing routes will still be open.”