Held each July, South Carolina Business Week’s mission is to contribute to the preparation of young adults for the business environment by introducing them to the principles of leadership, teamwork and the American free enterprise system while promoting self-reliance, individual responsibility and entrepreneurship.
July 23-28, 2017
South Carolina Business Week
South Carolina Business Week is available to the state's rising high school sophomores, juniors and seniors. Throughout the week, more than 30 prominent business executives teach current business topics and leadership skills. Starting with the basics and adding topics throughout the week, students collaborate with executives in an intensive program designed to develop a thorough understanding of private enterprise. Along with an emphasis on teamwork and leadership skills, some issues included in the program include:
- Basic Business Finance
- Ethics in business
- Leadership profiling
- The significance of diversity in business
Additionally, student interaction with professionals provides them with the opportunity to gain information on a number of career options. Many students begin to form important choices related to college degree major and professional field of interest during South Carolina Business Week.
The program will feature the following activities:
- Information on future career opportunities and trends in business
- Direct interaction throughout the week with loaned executives from companies like Michelin, SCANA and Colonial Life
- Opportunity to experience college life and make new friends from across South Carolina
- A tour of a major industry facility to obtain hands-on knowledge of business
- Social activities such as pizza parties, a dance, sporting games and a talent night
2017 Student Application