Certifications of Origin Simplified
We offer electronic Certificate of Origin documents through our partnership with eCertify. We're proud to facilitate South Carolina companies doing business internationally. Eliminate your paper-based processing of Certificates and start saving time and money.
Register your company to begin using eCertify.
Once you've registered, you'll receive an approval email with a login link to begin using the program. Simply log in to get your certificates of origin stamped.
How to Stamp Your Documents
- Log in to your account to begin. If you do not have login credentials, you'll need to begin by registering your account.
- Decide if you will upload your documents (called eCertSubmit), or create them on the eCertify site (called webdocs). Go to the “My details” section (gray box, left hand side) and select either eCertSubmit or Webdocs. Click Save. You can change your method as needed.
- Once your documents are created or uploaded, click submit. Your documents will be reviewed and stamped by the chamber. You will receive a confirmation email after the documents have been stamped.
- Follow the link in the confirmation email, log in to eCertify and review your documents. If everything looks correct, click accept. The system will take you to a payment screen.
- Pay for your certificate through Paypal. You now own the file, and can print or email the file as many times as needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the turnaround time?
During normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8-4p.m. EST), we can have it back to you same day.
How much does it cost?
The standard fee is $25 per submission for South Carolina Chamber members, $75 for non-members. Additional documents, such as Bills of Lading, Commerical Invoices, and so on will be stamped at no additional charge when submitted with a Certificate of Origin.
What is a Certificate of Origin?
A Certificate of Origin (CO) is a document which states the origin of goods being exported. Virtually every country in the world considers the origin of imported goods when determining what duty will be assessed on the goods or, in some cases, whether the goods may be legally imported at all.
Chambers of Commerce are the primary authorized body to stamp these documents.
In addition to being required by specific countries, a CO may be requested by customs administrators, importers, freight forwarders or banks for clearance of letters of credit. Electronic Certificates of Origin (eCO), created online, are the digital version of the document.
Why is an electronic Certificate of Origin better for my business?
Mailing or sending couriers to get your Certificates of Origin stamped is both inefficient and costly. With an electronic Certificate of Origin, exporters and freight forwarders now have a seamless and streamlined electronic solution providing real value in cost savings and efficiency gains.
- Improve turnaround time to better meet tight deadlines
- Reduce errors to lessen the chance of a hold up in customs
- Eliminate courier costs and wait time
- Reduce administration costs
- Allow you to receive up-to-the-minute information on the status of your submission
- Allow a proof of the certificate to be shared with other parties to ensure accuracy
Need More Information?
We're here to help. Contact Chris Dornburg at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803.255.2616.