Certificates of Origin
The South Carolina Chamber, through a partnership with eCertify, is now offering electronic Certificate of Origin documents. The Chamber is proud to offer this benefit to the business community in order to assist in the facilitation of South Carolina companies doing business internationally
Log in below to have your
Frequently Asked Questions
Register for a free account here and have your documents stamped the same day!
2. Decide if you will upload your documents (called eCertSubmit), or create them on the eCertify site (called webdocs). Go to the “My details” section (gray box, left hand side) and select either eCertSubmit or Webdocs. Click Save. You can change your method as needed.
3. Once your documents are created or uploaded, click ‘Submit.’ Your documents will be reviewed and stamped by the chamber. You will receive a confirmation email after the documents have been stamped.
4. Follow the link in the confirmation email, login to eCertify and review your documents. If everything looks correct, click accept. The system will take you to a payment screen.
5. Pay for your certificate through Paypal. You now own the file, and can print or email the file as many times as needed.
During normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8-4p.m. EST) we can have it back to you same day.
The standard fee is $25 per submission for South Carolina Chamber members, $75 for non-members.
Additional documents, such as Bills of Lading, Commerical Invoices, etc. will be stamped at no additional charge when submitted with a Certificate of Origin.
A Certificate of Origin (CO) is a document which states the origin of goods being exported. Virtually every country in the world considers the origin of imported goods when determining what duty will be assessed on the goods or, in some cases, whether the goods may be legally imported at all.
Chambers of Commerce are the primary authorized body to stamp these documents.
In addition to being required by specific countries, a CO may be requested by customs administrators, importers, freight forwarders or banks for clearance of letters of credit. Electronic Certificates of Origin (eCO), created online, are the digital version of the document.
Mailing or sending couriers to get your Certificates of Origin stamped is both inefficient and costly. With an electronic Certificate of Origin, exporters and freight forwarders now have a seamless and streamlined electronic solution providing real value in cost savings and efficiency gains. Electronic Certificates of Origin:
- Improve turnaround time to better meet tight deadlines
- Reduce errors to lessen the chance of a hold up in customs
- Eliminate courier costs and wait time
- Reduce administration costs
- Allow you to receive up-to-the-minute information on the status of your submission
- Allow a proof of the certificate to be shared with other parties to ensure accuracy
Eliminate your paper-based processing of Certificates and start saving time and money today!
Contact Chris Dornburg at email@example.com or 803.255.2616