Marketing Intern-Spring 2020
Marketing Intern-Spring 2020
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Brand Strategy, is paid, and part-time (10 hours a week). Please submit resume and cover letter to Kaziah Howard for consideration for the position.
Administrative and marketing coordination duties in support of the Chamber’s robust events, public policy, and investor(member) efforts. The intern will gain a broad experience of business practices, marketing administrative tasks, and the chamber environment. Interested/capable interns will also get some opportunities to assist in creation and review of press releases, marketing materials, social media, website design, magazine editorial, newsletters, marketing analytics, and event publicity. This role is planned to be temporary (3 months), with potential to expand depending upon the individual’s work ethic, department needs, and budget constraints.
Position Responsibilities- Essential
- Attention to detail (will assist in all communications that go out to public and investors)
- Desire to learn about the various tasks and work that makes a marketing department succeed
- Basic graphic design and social media management skills
- Administrative duties including filing, organizing, etc.
- Assisting with marketing on site at events, etc. as needed
- Writing/proofing articles, letters, press releases, etc.
Position Responsibilities- Non-Essential/Other
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong written language and communication skills.
- Professional demeanor; team-oriented, positive, and engaging attitude; self-motivated and directed.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail with an emphasis on quality and accuracy of work.
- Ability to prioritize administrative support activities.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with interruptions while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential financial information, strong ethical standards, demonstrate trust and integrity.
- Personal attributes that include reliability, professionalism, ability to work independently, positive attitude, excellent customer service ethic, and ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Prior work history in an office setting
- Junior/Senior level College course work, especially in the areas of Communications and Marketing, Entrepreneurship
- Knowledge of Hootsuite, Crello/Canva, Adobe CC, Google Analytics, Wordpress, Drupal, Google Alerts, Trello, and other marketing tools that could be helpful to the department’s success.
About South Carolina Chamber of Commerce:
South Carolina's Champion for Business We Bring Businesses Together to Make an Impact We're a statewide organization that promotes pro-job and pro-business policies at the state and federal level. We bring together businesses across the state through coordinated strategies, training opportunities, and networking events. With a unified voice, we can make the biggest impact. Our goal is to create the best business climate, so your business can be at its best.