Media Alert: SAFETY AWARDS TO HONOR COMPANIES WITH TOP SAFETY RECORDS
March 18, 2015
SOUTH CAROLINA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Contact: Julie Scott, 803-255-2628
- WHO: The South Carolina Chamber of Commerce will recognize business leaders and employees at more than 475 company locations from across the state for making workplace safety a priority.
- WHAT: The Safety Awards Luncheon presented by Fisher and Phillips LLP.
See the full list of Safety Award winners.
Keynote: Director Richele Taylor, SC Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (LLR)
- WHEN: TOMORROW: Thursday, March 19
Noon - 2:00 p.m.
- WHERE: Embassy Suites (200 Stoneridge Dr., Columbia)
- WHY: The South Carolina Chamber’s Safety, Health and Security Committee will honor South Carolina Chamber members who had a successful workplace safety record during 2014. The annual Safety Awards recognize companies and their employees who have had a commendable Lost Workday Case Rate during the calendar year. Certificates will be presented to deserving companies that are committed to the health and safety of employees.
The South Carolina Chamber of Commerce, the nation’s first state chamber Accredited with Distinction by the U.S. Chamber, is South Carolina’s largest statewide broad-based business and industry trade association representing more than 18,000 businesses and more than one million employees. As the unified voice for business and industry, the Chamber is a catalyst for increasing per capita income and enhancing the state’s global competitiveness in order to improve the quality of life for all South Carolinians.