Job Title: Vice President of Marketing & Brand Strategy
Reports To: CEO/President
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Position Salary Range: $60,000 - $70,000 + benefits
Responsible for planning, developing and executing on all marketing activities for the organization. Lead efforts to communicate and build awareness around the activities of the Chamber, its affiliates and our investors. Effectively build the Chamber’s image and character to our investors, prospective investors, policy makers and the general public.
Position Responsibilities- Essential
• Contributes to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-term issues that must be addressed; providing information; recommending options and courses of action.
• Influences present and future marketing plans by determining and evaluating current and future public opinion and market trends.
• Collects and analyzes data to develop a marketing plan that is designed to promote the Chamber’s brand, identify opportunities for growth, and formulate a strong communications strategy
• Ensures that the Chamber’s policies, positions and overall message are clearly articulated to its members, the media, other business entities and the public.
• Advising and assisting the heads of the operating divisions in the development and execution of programs and other strategic communications consistent with overall Chamber policy and objectives.
• Maintaining current information about the public's opinion of the Chamber and its issues and projecting trends in public opinion as the basis for planning and executing programs.
• Preparing talking points and assisting top management and officers in the preparation and review of speeches, statements, reports and testimony before business, government, civic, member, and media groups to ensure consistency of message and language.
• Advising on and coordinating all phases of Chamber identification and graphics, maintaining the integrity of the logo and image.
• Managing Chamber and affiliate websites and all social media outlets in a manner that strengthens the business community’s voice.
• Writing and developing content for publications.
• Overseeing production of Chamber publications (ASCEND, Workforce Report, Chamber Buzz, Event EBlasts, etc)
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing publications; establishing networks and participating in professional societies.
Position Responsibilities - Other
• Provide support for government affairs team.
• Provide support for membership sales and relations team.
• Provide support for the events team.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or other pertinent degree program w/ 3 years+ experience including graphic design.
• Detail oriented, with strong written language and communication skills.
• Professional demeanor, team oriented, positive, engaging attitude, self-motivated and directed.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Attention to detail and determine urgency, ability to prioritize with an emphasis on quality and accuracy of work.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and deal with interruptions while meeting timely deadlines.
• Ability to handle confidential financial information, strong ethical standards, demonstrate trust and integrity.
• Personal attributes that include reliability, professionalism, ability to work independently, positive attitude, and ability to remain calm in stressful situation.
• Must be proficient with web-based analysis and social media tools.
• Graphic design capabilities and experience with programs like Adobe Creative Suite.
• Familiarity with the website platform Drupal.
• Experience in using video as a platform for marketing efforts.
• An eye for design and strong proofreading skills.